Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Chrome Extensions Part 1

ColorZilla

          Our latest project in Web Design was to explore Google Chrome Extensions. In this first part of my Chrome Extension posts, I will tell you about the extension, ColorZilla.

Purpose/What is it?

          This extension acts as an eye dropper tool, if you see a color that you like on a certain website or image, just click the icon and it allows you to copy the color to your clipboard. It shows the hexadecimal codes and rgb numbers of the color so that you can use that exact color in a project. It has many other features to it as well. You can look at your color history, create a CSS gradient, and it also allows you to see all of the colors used on the page of the website you are currently on. 

My Opinion

          I think that this extension is very useful and super user-friendly. If you are a designer, or just like colors, this tool is perfect and I see myself using this a lot in the future for graphic design and maybe a little bit of web (unfortunately, I will not be continuing web design, I will be in graphic design full time next year).

Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment